Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Skin Rejuvenation is a leading edge natural approach in anti-ageing facial and body rejuvenation using the patient’s own blood cells. PRP is the concentrated part of blood that contains the platelets which are the key to the body’s ability to stop bleeding and repair damaged blood vessels and cells in the body. Platelets contain substances called growth factors that activate and rejuvenate cells in the body to regenerate new tissue.
PRP rejuvenation works very differently from Botox, Dysport and Dermal Fillers. With PRP Therapy, the patient is injected with a natural product produced from his or her own body. The PRP works to stimulate collagen production and cell renewal, which provides overall facial rejuvenation.
Benefits of PRP Therapy
- Improves tone, texture and brightness of skin
- Skin is firmed and tightened
- Wrinkles and lines are softened
- Skin’s rosy glow is restored
- Skin softness is increased
- Facial volume depletion can be improved
- Sun-damage, acne scars, Rosacea, dark circles and hyper pigmentation are also improved
Who is contraindicated to PRP Therapy?
- Smokers, drug and heavy alcohol users
- Individuals with skin disease (SLE-porphyria, allergies)
- Cancer patients
- Individuals having chemotherapy
- Individuals with severe metabolic and systemic disorders
- Individuals with abnormal platelet function (i.e. blood disorders)
- Individuals on anticoagulant and anti-platelet therapy – aspirin, Warfarin, dipyridamole or clopidogril
- Individuals with Sepsis, acute and chronic infection
Following the Procedure:
Minimal swelling, bruising to a varying degree and redness for 12-24 hours. Applying cold compresses, keeping the head elevated, and using arnica cream can minimize swelling and bruising.
The Cosmetic PRP procedure
After numbing the area being treated with a topical ointment, the PRP is injected or applied to the skin using a micro-needling device. Cosmetic PRP is a simple and safe procedure. The most common side effects are mild swelling and bruising that may last three to seven days.
Results of PRP Therapy
For optimum results, a course of 3-5 treatments, 4-6 weeks apart is advisable. Results of the treatment vary depending on the age, genetic makeup and overall health and condition of the skin. Improvement of skin tone and texture begin to show 3-4 weeks after the treatment session and continue to improve with time. The proteins contained in the PRP gradually increase the formation of collagen and connective tissue, promoting tightening and overall skin rejuvenation. Full collagen regeneration will be completed within about 3 months. To maintain the result, touch-up treatments are recommended at an interval of 6-24 months depending on a patient’s age and skin condition.
If you have any questions about our services, please contact us today at (508) 564-6663.